Please Stop Calling Poison Control

I wanted to elaborate on some thoughts that I put on Twitter earlier this week. First, here is the incident that prompted this: I had an 8-month-old, roughly 30 pound dog come into the ER after she ate a lot of raisins about an hour and a half ago. Raisins are toxic to dogs –Continue reading “Please Stop Calling Poison Control”

The Most Common Cause of Emergency Visits

Dogs are notorious for eating crazy inappropriate things. Whether it’s just a gross snack like rabbit or deer droppings, a dip into the garbage can, or pieces of their once favorite toy, chances are that some dog out there has tried to eat it. I doubt that this is truly the most common cause ofContinue reading “The Most Common Cause of Emergency Visits”